Monday, May 19, 2014

Sunday, May 18th, 2014 Alice to Sydney

Sunday, May 18th, 2014
Travel Day/Return to Sydney

The weather today was bright and sunny while in Alice Springs, as it should be because it is a desert, but cloudy when we landed in Sydney sadly. Now that the course is coming to a close I am looking over all the gifts I have collected over these 4 weeks, many boomerangs will be calling America their new home. I decided in Cairns that I wanted to get my family boomerangs because that is one of the first things that people from America think of when you say Australia.

Looking back in my journal I noticed that the question regarding "what did you notice today that no one else did" was the hardest to answer; because I don't know if someone noticed the same thing that I did, and you can't ask because then you have away what you were going to write.
I think a better question would be "what did you enjoy most today?" That is much easier to answer and you can then see what the students actually like and to make sure that part of the course is done again in future years. Now to answer the question " what I noticed today that no one else did". Before getting on the bus to the Alice Springs airport I saw 3 birds chasing each other around some trees, they were all dashing in and out trying to catch each other it seemed to me.

My Australian word of the day is Ace! I heard someone at the front desk say it to someone and when I turned around they had a smile on their face. From that smile I'm assuming that Ace! Is something that is good, excellent or okay.

This is my last blog for my first, and maybe only, third term trip while I am at Elmira, and I am so happy I picked Australia as my destination.
Hello America, I'm coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment