Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Free day in Cairns

Saturday 10 May 2014 we were in the beautiful city of Cairns, and it was our free day. For our free day we decided to have a leisurely walk along the Esplanade looking out into the ocean. It was a great day to interact with other tourist as well as with other Australians. While relaxing along the water I witnessed a couple of pick up rugby games. While in Cairns I noticed that like the rest of Australia everything is very expensive. However, there are bargains to be had if you look carefully.

In Cairns I noticed that the mountains across the water looked very similar to the famous Blue Mountains that we saw outside of Sydney. My favorite part of Cairns was most certainly having the opportunity to scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef. While scuba diving I was able to spot out a sea turtle. This, along with seeing "Nemo", a clown fish, were two spectacular sites I'm extremely grateful I was able to see. It was one of my most memorable parts of this trip. One new term I learned on my free day was "Big Smoke", this mean city and I heard our tour guide mention it.  

I have thoroughly enjoyed tho trip and am sad that it's coming to an end.

Cheers,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment