Monday, May 5, 2014

Arrival in Cairns, Aussie

This morning was a struggle to wake up and get moving to breakfast. The usual for breakfast, some toast, cerial and juice. Then we had some time to pack up last minute things, say goodbye to people until we got wifi again, get our sheets off the bed and into the trolleys, and make it to the doors at 10:15 to give Charlie our room cards.

 The morning at Brisbane was hot, hot enough that if I stood in the sun for to long I could feel my skin start to burn. We all made our way down that horrible hill and to the train station without loosing anyone in the process. After the train we all had to get on the correct flight out of Brisbane to Cairns. I've been on so many planes this trip that plane rides are nothing to me now. While on the flight justin fell so deeply asleep that Carl and I took some pictures to show him afterward; then after he woke up he and Carl proceeded to dance to music 😄 it was the highlight of the plane ride for me.

We all made it safely to our new YHA, and it was totally different from the others I think. It feels more like a spring break resort to me then a YHA. We lugged our luggage up the two flights and my whole room was amazed that we got our own bathroom!

Charlie took us out to explore and showed us all the different parts of Cairns, it seems to me more young people friendly. This city doesn't feel like a city, more like a town. This night we all had dinner together at P.J.'s for the first time in a long time, it was a great time. After half the group went one way and myself, Kaela and Maegen went to Coles and got our normal sandwich making supplies.

Now we are all back in the room, doing journals and getting ready for bed.

-Shannon Englerth

No comments:

Post a Comment